11 Ott LONGINES D.H. / D.
CASE . Stainless steel , 32 m
D.H.: 32 mm;
D. : 33 mm . Case and bezel are slightly rounded .
For both, the watch S/N is shown on the back of the upper left lug .
BACK . Screw, steel .
The S/N is punched in the center
Inside : “longines “ , “acies inoxidable “ and the case number .
MOVEMENT . Longines Cal. 12.68 Z .
Reports the brand’s name and movement S/N.
It can be smooth or ” cote de Geneve ” .
CASEBACK MARKINGS:. D.H or D.
Letters are larger (2 mm) than numbers ( 1,5mm ) .
S/N . Is different depending on marking :
D.H. – 4 digits .From the number of registered watches (79) , the range
may be 0001 / 5000 ;
D. – 3 digits .From the number of registered watches ( 5 ) , the range
may be 001 / 500 .
1. Longines supplied a limited number of watches at the 3rd Reich .
It is possible that they were 5.000 D.H. ( in 1942 )
2. The S/N of the case reported to the inside of the back should be :
– 22209- 22133 – 22188 – 22235 – 22249 – 22880 ;
This is especially important to ensure the originality .
3. The movement S/N should be :
– from 63XXXXX to 64XXXXX for D.H.
– 680xxxxx for “D”
This particular is also important to ensure originality .
This movement has been used, even later, for many Longines watches .
4. A detail related to the dial . The spacing of the seconds in the indicator at 6 in DHs is 10 seconds.( probably in the S/N
up to 1000 ) . The upper S/N is 15 seconds .
On “D.” is 10 seconds .
D.H.( dial , pic above) )